Production Coordinator (Lombard, IL)
- - Saunders East
- Lombard, IL, USA
- Full Time
The Production Coordinator works with the sales and production teams to ensure production activities are conducted per established procedures. The Production Coordinator acts as a liaison between production and inside sales, and provides support to the shipping and receiving areas. The Production Coordinator plays a critical role in the handling of quality complaints and vendor returns.
Facilitate and coordinates production activities between departments and individuals
• Provide assistance in developing training methods and implement new procedures and processes.
• Assist in quality related activities such as 1st article inspection reports, process improvements, and other related programs designed to improve operating performance
• Assists with inventory management such as cycle counts and reconciliation of discrepancies.
• Assists in staging materials while following lot traceability procedures.
• Fosters positive relationships between team members and management
• Good team work and leadership skills are essential
• Immediate notification to Supervisor on non-conformance activity
• Periodic review/audit of work practice to documented procedures and reports to supervisor deviations.
• As needed writes/reviews manufacturing documentation (SOPs, MPMs, Deviations)
• Performs time studies on products, to determine if standard hours are accurate
• Serves as back up to shipping and receiving personnel as needed. Coordinating with the team to ensure area requirements are met.
• As requested will assist with production data collection activities for KPI's, including related concepts such as 5s,visual systems, and other ISO related needs.
• Generate monthly reports
• Follow safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions to supervisor
• Follow established Quality System procedures.
• Work in accordance to current ISO and company policy.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and be responsible for manufacturing quality products efficiently, accurately, safely and on time.
• Overtime may be needed on occasion.
• This list is not all inclusive, other duties may be added as needed
Knowledge and Skills:
• High School graduate or GED
• Must have good time management, multitasking and stress management skills to be able to ensure that tasks get completed on time.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently when necessary.
• Creative thinker and is able to suggest process improvements and problem solve
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism at all times.
• People and relationship driven
• Ability to effectively communicate with team members, quality personnel, and supervisors as it relates to ideas, questions, and concerns.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, problem solve and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management.
Our merit based salary/bonus program offers exceptional growth opportunities. We provide a comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, wellness benefit, short & long-term disability plans, paid vacation, paid parental leave, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan with company matching from day 1.
To submit your resume for immediate consideration, please apply online.
Who we are:
Saunders A Div. of R.S. Hughes, Co. is a highly successful, stable, and rapidly growing company in the Specialty Converting Business. We specialize in providing solutions to design and process challengers for manufacturing companies. We are a 3M Preferred Converter.
Applicants for all job openings will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age (40 and over), sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page