Vendor Managed Inventory Specialist (Maple Grove, MN)
- - Minneapolis
- Maple Grove, MN, USA
- Full Time
Vendor Managed Inventory Specialist
R.S. Hughes Company, Inc. is seeking a dynamic Vendor Managed Inventory Specialist to join our team in our Minneapolis facility located in Maple Grove, MN. In this role, you will partner with the Outside Sales team to uncover new sales opportunities. You will identify, nurture, and close opportunities with both new and existing customers, manage inventory, and track customer data. This is a great opportunity to work collaboratively with internal and external partners to improve business and create solutions that serve both R.S. Hughes Company, Inc. and our customers.
Performs VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory) by performing the duties listed below. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
VMI Responsibilities (80%):
- Maintain a professional appearance when visiting with customers
- Communicate with all customer personnel in a timely, professional and courteous manner
- Identify products that need to be ordered during scheduled customer visits
- Maintain customer's designated product area to display a neat and orderly stocking area
- Adds items to the VMI program as requested by the customer
- Maintain relationships with key customer personnel
- Establish a back up training schedule with the branch manager to ensure proper coverage
- Maintain established stock levels within customer's facility.
- Act as a liaison between the customer, outside sales representative, and management during process.
Operations & Logistics (20%):
- Oversee the territories' VMI orders from picking, packing, loading and delivering product.
- Review advanced reports and make recommendations to management
- Update barcodes as needed
- Report problems or concerns to management in a timely manner
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have a valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record
- Ability to communicate with the customer, customer service reps and account reps in a professional manner
- Must have good computer skills with knowledge of MS Office software
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Prefer six months or more in related sales, operations or customer service roll; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page