Sales Engineer (Irwindale, CA)
- - Saunders West
- Irwindale, CA, USA
- Full Time
Sales Engineer – Saunders, the Converting Division of R. S. Hughes Co., Inc.
Saunders is committed to training, promoting from within, and creating opportunities for our employees. We approach training from a "hands-on" point of view. Through our program, you will be introduced to all facets of running our business. This would include inside sales, exceptional customer service, business development, and the responsibility for supporting our sales growth. You will gain credibility and learn extensive product knowledge in a short period of time.
A Sales Engineer role within Saunders is a highly regarded position in our company due to the complexity of the value added, customized solutions we offer. Through your dedication and commitment to company philosophies, training, and expectations, you will be exposed to all facets of our business and you can expect a very rewarding career.
- Ability to conceptualize, design and implement best tooling and production methods to achieve highest efficiencies and profitability on each quote.
- Building strong, trusting relationships with all customers from first interaction throughout the relationship.
- Ability to comprehend details about a variety of products and their application suitability within various market segments and effectively apply knowledge to future applications.
- Work with our engineering and production teams to design the most cost effective and user- friendly design solutions.
- Provide a world class customer service experience by working with a sense of urgency and being customer and solutions focused.
- Understanding fabricating capabilities and developing a raw material expertise to promote profitable sales.
- Qualifying request for quotes in a timely manner and accurately quoting customers.
- Utilize superior follow up skills in developing, monitoring, and executing sales plans to achieve sales and profitability goals.
- Using collaboration and communication skills to effectively communicate with both customers, vendors, and various team members / areas (sales, production, engineering, quality, accounting).
- Keeping abreast of new industry technologies and materials through relationships with our vendor reps, attending trade shows, industry associations, etc.
- Being a team player and supporting achievement of division sales and profitability goals.
- Bachelor's degree and / or minimum 5 years experience in a sales or customer facing role. Industrial, business to business, and/or experience effectively selling a production preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to effectively manage multi tasking.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and strong practical math skills.
- Team player that works effectively in a collaborative team setting supporting regional sales goals.
- High level of integrity and self motivation.
- Excellent computer skills, experience with an ERP system selling products is a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of AutoCAD is strongly preferred.
- Valid driver license.
Our merit based salary/bonus program offers exceptional growth opportunities. We provide a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, wellness benefit, short-term & long-term disability plans, paid vacation, a 401(k) retirements savings plan, and an employee stock purchase plan.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer for our Saunders West office location in Irwindale, CA. To submit your resume for immediate consideration, please apply online.
Who we are:
Saunders A Div. of R.S. Hughes, Co. is a highly successful, stable, and rapidly growing company in the Specialty Converting Business. We specialize in providing solutions to design and process challengers for manufacturing companies. We are a 3M Preferred Converter.
Applicants for all job openings will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age (40 and over), sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.