Manufacturing Engineer (Lombard, IL
- - Saunders East
- Lombard, IL, USA
- Full Time
The Manufacturing Engineer oversees the development of manufacturing processes and procedures. Specific areas of focus include working with manufacturing, quality, and production to achieve continuous improvement. Collaborates with operators and other team members to develop, improve, and monitor key procedures, identifies process and equipment limitations and implements methods to improve efficiency and productivity. The Manufacturing Engineer plays a critical role in the area of quality and the identification of root causes and developing improvement plans.
- Evaluate and develop manufacturing processes by designing and researching best practices; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication and assembly processes, tooling and fixturing design and applications, materials and quality control standards; conferring with equipment vendors, and soliciting observations from a broad range of internal and external team members.
- Engage with the sales & production teams on new applications to ensure design for manufacturability and tooling to ensure efficient and capable production methods and processes.
- Assure product and process quality through the development of testing methods.
- Manage equipment vendors to determine machine and tooling specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluate equipment according to specifications and quality standards.
- Provide assistance in developing training methods and implement new procedures and processes.
- Collaborates with the sales team and other personnel to tackle procedural and quality issues that are related to the production and delivery of good quality product.
- Conduct FMEA studies as needed; generate PPAP's, control plans.
- Assist with the evaluation of defective materials received from vendors and communicates with vendors as needed.
- Periodic review/audit of work practices to documented procedures and reports to supervisor deviations.
- As needed writes/reviews manufacturing documentation (SOPs, MPMs, Deviations)
- Performs time studies on products, to determine if standard hours are accurate
- As requested will assist with production data collection activities for KPI's, including related concepts such as 5s, visual systems, and other ISO related needs.
- Generates monthly reports
This list is not all inclusive, other duties may be added as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires B.S. degree in manufacturing engineering.
- 3-5 years of mechanical engineering or manufacturing engineering experience.
- Solid understanding and experience in lean manufacturing methodology
- Able to communicate well, both written and verbally across the organization.
- Creative thinker with strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism at all times.
- Proficient in Windows Microsoft office and Auto-Cad.
Our company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer for our Lombard, IL facility.
Who we are:
Saunders A Div. of R.S. Hughes, Co. is a highly successful, stable, and rapidly growing company in the Specialty Converting Business. We specialize in providing solutions to design and process challengers for manufacturing companies. We are a 3M Preferred Converter.
Applicants for all job openings will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age (40 and over), sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page