Quality Assurance Specialist (Irwindale, CA)
- - Saunders West
- Irwindale, CA, USA
- Full Time
Quality Assurance Specialist
Reports to: Production Manager Department: Production
Date: June 21, 2022 Division: Saunders West
Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for monitoring, inspecting, and proposing measures to correct or improve product quality and manufacturing processes in order to meet established quality standards. The Quality Assurance Specialist plays a critical role in process improvements efforts and works closely with the production lead, manufacturing engineer, press operators, and the inside sales team.
- Complete First Article Inspections as well as receiving, in-process, and final and packaging inspections against customer requirements with minimal supervision
- Use handheld inspection tools for measurement purposes, such as micrometers, calipers, height gages, optical comparator, gage blocks, and dial indicators
- Perform visual and/or cosmetic inspection of product following applicable procedure(s) using appropriate light sources. Monitor equipment to ensure proper operation and escalate any equipment-related issues
Qualifications & Skills:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of Quality Inspection experience working in a manufacturing and or industrial setting.
- Working knowledge of AS9102B inspection form, process
- Working knowledge of PPAP'S (Production Part Approval Process)
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 standard
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
High School Or Equivalent Required
College degree preferred
ASQ Certification Preferred
Our merit based salary/bonus program offers exceptional growth opportunities that exceed those of Fortune 500 companies. We provide a comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, wellness benefit, short term disability plan, paid vacation and a 401(k) retirements savings plan.
Who we are:
Saunders A Div. of R.S. Hughes, Co. is a highly successful, stable, and rapidly growing company in the Specialty Converting Business. We specialize in providing solutions to design and process challengers for manufacturing companies. We are a 3M Preferred Converter.
Applicants for all job openings will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age (40 and over), sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page