Manufacturing Engineer (Irwindale, CA)
- - Saunders West
- Irwindale, CA, USA
- Full Time
Effectively work with operators and other team members to develop, improve, and monitor key procedures,
Identify process and equipment limitations and implement methods to improve efficiency and productivity. Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized for expertise and functional leadership in applications of engineering principles, continuous improvement, and project management. The Manufacturing Engineer plays a critical role in the area of quality and the identification of root causes and developing improvement plans.
- Facilitate and coordinates production activities between departments and individuals
- Provide assistance in developing training methods and implement new procedures and processes.
- Assist in quality related activities such as 1st article inspection reports, process improvements, and other related programs designed to improve operating performance.
- Collaborates with the sales team and other personnel to tackle procedural and quality issues that are related to the production and delivery of good quality product.
- Conduct FMEA studies as needed; generate PPAP's, control plans.
- Assist with new applications and tooling design to maximize productivity and positively affect margins.
- Assist with the evaluation of defective materials received from vendors and communicates with vendors as needed.
- Periodic review/audit of work practice to documented procedures and reports to supervisor deviations.
- As needed writes/reviews manufacturing documentation (SOPs, MPMs, Deviations)
- Performs time studies on products, to determine if standard hours are accurate
- As requested will assist with production data collection activities for KPI's, including related concepts such as 5s, visual systems, and other ISO related needs.
- Generate monthly reports
- Follow safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions to supervisor
- Follow established Quality System procedures.
- Work in accordance to current ISO and company policy.
This list is not all inclusive, other duties may be added as needed
Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires B.S. degree in manufacturing engineering.
- 1-2 years of mechanical engineering or manufacturing engineering experience.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently when necessary.
- Creative thinker with strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain professionalism at all times.
- Proficient in Windows Microsoft office and AutoCad.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Methodologies.
- Detail-oriented with strong math skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, problem solve and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management.
Our company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. To submit your resume for immediate consideration, please apply online.
Applicants for all job openings will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age (40 and over), sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page